“Having been part of two Authentic Connections Groups groups myself, I can personally attest to the power of this program in supporting moms who balance work and caregiving. Being in these evidence-based groups opened my eyes to the importance of developing deep personal connections with other moms with similar yet different experiences. The nurturing environment is like no other relationship I have in my life and is so valuable. Through my group, I learned about genuine unconditional caring and giving, and we grew together over many months (even well after the formal program was over). AC groups are an excellent way for mothers to gain new insights and valuable support, at relatively low cost and minimal time commitment. I believe that these groups could be extremely valuable for all moms, everywhere.”
- The importance of supporting people in caregiving roles
- National Academies of Science, Engineering & Medicine
- Toward Fostering Resilience on a Large Scale: Connecting Communities of Caregivers
- Authentic Connections Groups: A Pilot Test of an Intervention Aimed at Enhancing Resilience Among Nurse Leader Mothers
- Mothers don’t just need self-care, they need someone to take care of them, says researcher
No comments to show.